The Fertility Center of Maryland brings new hope to women unable to conceive for many reasons. The Center offers individualized treatment in a warm, family-like atmosphere by a caring and dedicated staff to help you through the stress of infertility and towards a successful outcome. A wide range of infertility services, including IUI, IVF, ICSI, Assisted Hatching, Blastocyst Transfer, Embryo Freezing, Donor Egg, Donor Sperm, licensed Andrology and Endocrinology laboratories, and comprehensive sonographic services are available on site. Psychological counseling is available to assist you while dealing with the stress of treatment.
Our IVF laboratory is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO). Our Surgery Center is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). “The accreditation process helps promote continuous, systematic and organization-wide improvement in healthcare organizations,” says Joanne Born, Executive Director, Laboratory Program, JCAHO.
Santiago L. Padilla, M.D.
Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Dr. Padilla is a reproductive endocrinologist with over 30 years of experience in infertilit and in vitro fertilization. A graduate of the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, San Juan , Puerto Rico , in 1978, he completed his residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at The John Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland , in 1982. At the Medical Center of Georgia, Augusta, he pursued his fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility from 1982 to 1984. Dr. Padilla developed and directed in vitro fertilization program from 1984 to 1987 at the Medical College of Georgia. From 1987 to 1992, Dr. Padilla was Associate Director of the In Vitro Fertilization Program at the Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC). In 1992 Dr. Padilla founded the Fertility Center of Maryland and is the current medical director.
Katherine Miller-Bass, M.D., M.H.S.
Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Dr. Bass is a reproductive endocrinologist with over 28 years of experience in infertility. A graduate of Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina in 1983, she completed her residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at the Magee-Women’s Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1987. At the University of Maryland School of Medicine, she did her fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility from 1987 to 1989. Dr. Bass pursued a Master of Health Science at The John Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health from 1989 to 1991. Dr. Miller-Bass had joint appointments from 1991 through 1996 as assistant professor with the Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Department of Epidemiology of The John Hopkins School of Medicine and The John Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health. In 1996 Dr. Bass joined the staff of the Fertility Center of Maryland.
Kimberly J. Blair, M.T. (ASCP)
Supervisor, IVF and Andrology Laboratory
Kim Blair is an embryologist and andrologist with over 27 years of experience in in vitro fertilization. A graduate of James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia, in 1983, she completed her internship in medical technology at Rockingham Memorial Hospital in 1983. Kim Blair has been the laboratory supervisor at the Fertility Center of Maryland since 1992 and has three experienced embryologists and andrologists on her staff.
Sharon Freiman, R.N.C., B.S.N.
Sharon Freiman is our Clinical Coordinator with a staff of six nurses and medical assistants. Sharon Freiman is a graduate of the Towson State University School of Nursing, with over 25 years of experience in the field of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, and over 28 years of experience in the field of women’s health. A member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Sharon earned National Certification as a Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility nurse. She has been with the Fertility Center of Maryland since 1994.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE
THE FERTILITY CENTER OF MARYLAND?
- Extensive experience. Since 1992, more than 10,000 babies have been born from our treatments.
- Our physicians have a combined experience of over 58 years caring for patients affected by infertility.
- More than 300 physicians refer patients to our Center.
- We have had excellent success rates since the opening of our Center in 1992.
- We offer free, No-Obligation financial consultations to individuals researching clinics and treatment options.
- All of our facilities are on the same floor which allows excellent communication between the medical, nursing and laboratory staff. Our nursing and medical staff participates in all aspects of the treatment cycle. This way the patient receives continuity of care during ultrasound examinations, office visits, ovulation induction, inseminations, egg retrievals, and embryo transfers.
- We offer large clinic services in a small, family-like atmosphere.
- We offer informational seminars at our clinic to provide couples with a preview of our services.
- We offer a free new patient consultation to couples who attend our seminars.
- Our Center welcomes patients from several other states and countries.
- Free access to parking in front of the main entrance.
- We provide very individualized and personal care to our patients.
- Low patient / doctor ratio
- Embryologists talk to you and explain issues personally.
- IVF Lab staff very reachable for any questions while undergoing a treatment.
- We are accredited by JCAHO and AAAHC