What can I expect when I call the Fertility Center of Maryland?
We’re here to listen, educate, and advocate for you every step of the way. We understand the emotions and uncertainty that surround infertility; in fact, many of us have been in your shoes, so you’ll find nothing but compassion and encouragement from the members of our team.
What services does FCM provide?
- Profiles of our physician team of specialists, each of whom show tremendous expertise in treating the most basic to the most complex cases of infertility
- With convenient Towson and Bel Air locations, we are here to help you find care that’s as accessible as possible
- How to prepare for your first visit
What to expect during your initial consultation
- What to bring to your initial consultation and how to gather the needed information
- Which insurance programs we accept (Fertility Center of Maryland accepts many insurance providers, call to inquire about your specific insurance.)
- Which insurance providers require a referral before a patient can be seen. Most patients can schedule their initial consultation immediately but a few select providers do require a referral
You’ll learn quickly we are like no other center.
“Our vision is to have the best fertility center in a private ambulatory setting and continually strive to improve the quality of our services.” Dr. P
Questions about billing and insurance
How do I know if infertility is covered by my insurance?
What are the questions I have to ask when calling my insurance company?
2. Do I need a referral or authorization?
3. Do I have a co-pay?
4. Do I need to register for infertility coverage?
5. Is there a pre-existing condition or a waiting period for infertility in my policy?
6. At what percent is my coverage?
7. Do I have a maximum amount on my infertility coverage?